Yesterday, May 11th, Neowiz invited a select group of Emissaries out to San Diego for a special Press Event. Here the Emissaries were able to play the newest version of Bless Online with the reworked combat coming to NA / EU with the Steam Early Access release as well as interview the Development Team. Throughout the day we learned a ton of new information including the Early Access start date, the Early Access Head Start date, and the official Prices of the Founders Packs (available for purchase on May 28th).
So without further delay, click the link below to find out everything we learned!
Alyria, Owner & Admin, Bless RP
That's right! Bless Online's Early Access is set to open on Wednesday May 30th with the Founder's Packs allowing players to log in a full two days early. This means the head start would begin on May 28th, the same day that the Founder's Packs release for purchase. This has caused some confusion in the community as to why they are not choosing to pre-sell the Founder's Packs prior to the May 28th start date. This is because Steam will not allow any games marked as Early Access to have pre-sale activity without access to the game. Limiting Neowiz on the date they can begin sales for their Founder's Packs.
Interested in seeing what is in the Founder's Packs and their prices? Just look at the table below!
| Standard Edition
|Advanced Access (2 Day Head Start)||Advanced Access (2 Day Head Start)||
Advanced Access (2 Day Head Start)
+ One gift copy of Bless Online (Base Game)
|Benefits||Credits title "The Founder"
Premium Customer Service
Twinkle Wing Effect
|30 Days||60 Days||90 Days|
|Lumena||2450 Lumena||3800 Lumena|
Exclusive Mount Skin
Exclusive Pet Skin
Exclusive Mount Skin
Exclusive Pet Skin
Exclusive Costume Skin
Exclusive Weapon Skin
The Base Game - $29.99
- Purchase Available from Early Access (May 30th)
Now for some of the items we learned during the Emissary interviews with the Development Team!
Mechanics and Combat
- Auto attack was removed. The player can build up their energy by changing stances and using active skills only.
- There is no rearranging skills in a combo
- There are 3 slots for stance skills (unchangeable) and 4 slots for combat non-stanced skills.
- Tactics = skill pages / builds, only 1 will be available at early access
- The Skill system appears to be similar to the Black Desert system - you grinding for skill points to obtain new skills
- Only 4 of 6 stances will be available at the start of early access, with only 2 being active at once. Extra stances will be unlockable by "overleveling" which starts at level 45.
- You may resurrect at the spot you died by using gems or you could resurrect and run back to your corpse like in World of Warcraft.
- Armor is interchangeable between classes. Weapons are locked "for now"
- The only skills that have iframes are skills meant for evading (dodge/rolls).
- Active offensive skills do not have iframes.
- Air/Sea combat is not in the plans yet (remember it was marked as a future development. This does not mean it is not coming)
- No fall damage
- You can queue up for dungeons as a group
- Flying mounts are available using influence points obtained from territory wars
- The Development Teams say the Paladin and Guardian classes are not under-powered so their solo progression is similar to dd classes
- Pets with auto loot collection will stack items in your inventory for the NA/EU release (current bug in the JP version will be fixed).
- There are plans for changing spawn points//spawns in general so people cannot spawn camp key monsters.
- shift/stamina completely removed
- Runes are rebalanced.
Premium Subscription and Packs
- The base game will cost $29.99 and be available for purchase on May 30th at 10:00 AM PDT
- Founders packs will cost $39.99; $69.99; $199.99 USD and will be available ffor purchase at 10:00 AM PDT on May 28th.
- Founder packs are upgradeable
- Collectors Founder's Pack adds Premium Customer Support - Priority over other support tickets in the queue.
- No cash shop was implemented in the Press Event but it will have boosts as well as PvP tokens (Lumena will be obtainable by simply playing Bless Online)
- Premium membership adds additional items into the cash shop - pets, costumes, consumables and is available in monthly packs (30 day etc.)
- There is a gem conversion (in game tokens into lumena (premium currency)) - Similar to Guild Wars 2 but the player will only be able to convert tokens into gems.
- There are backpack/inventory expanders
- The Collector's edition has 1 gift code will also have head start.
- No word on whether cash shop items are sellable on the auction house.
- Pet skills reroll and dungeon entry scrolls are not available in the NA release
- Character slots will be available in the cash shop
- No dungeon reset scrolls in the cash shop
- No items to decompose equipment to get enhance materials back
- Mount Skins will be available with premium service
- There will be consumable items that help with gathering
- They will release additional information on the Premium Service. . . so more to come!
UI and other things
- NEW UI is in the works but will not be available with the current release
- Translation seems to be done well. Text is available in English and German, voice overs will only be in English.
- There is an in game guide upon creation of a new character
- No third party addons
- You can save your appearance in the character creator
- You have a choice between classic and action combat.
- Neowiz is considering adding 21:9 ultrawide support
- Target of target is in open discussion for now and might be implemented
- Focus target is still under debate.
- Tower defense mod may be implemented and they are considering a change in frequency of how often you are able to join this mode and the possibility of adding a practice mode.
- In the tower defense points that are awarded are shared between the entire group.
- Optimization and performance fixes, decreased loading times and loading screens.
Misc and PvX
- Bless Online may come out of Early Access within 6 months to 1 year.
- Arena opens 3 times a day but the Developers want to hear feedback.
- Faction ranking - Top 50 players in a faction get ranks and rewards.
- Guild max is 120 members, no words on increasing this limit.
- Warlock and Siren will come next year, assassin and mystic within 6 months to 1 year.
- Bless Online will have Major Updates every 3 months
- The Auction house will have buy/sell limitations to prevent market inflation.
- Neowiz has the ability to change models/textures for the western version based on community/emissary feedback.
- Emissaries will be able to report suspicious activity to GMs (arena bots etc.)
- API is not available now, but Neowiz is considering allowing the community to use it to create DPS meters and such.
- No pre-download confirmed
- There will be a bug tracker/ticket system to report bugs
- Multiboxing is prohibited
- Daily quests are character based
- Servers are provided by AWS (Amazon Web Services)